The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff team offer FREE educational resources that encourage us to reflect on the sustainability of a materials economy and consumption choices today.
The following materials present a context (background) for the problems with stuff, and can be used in class:
The Story of Stuff Playlist
When the first Story of Stuff video was released in 2007, the team had no idea that it would go viral, inspiring a community of changemakers from around the world. The Story of Stuff video series was born.
The Story of Stuff Online Course
Annie Leonard, the creator of The Story of Stuff, presents The Citizen Muscle Bootcamp, an interactive 4-week course to help people to become the most effective changemakers they can be.
This FREE online course covers:
• Purpose: Connecting to Your Passions and Skills.
• Talk: Communication for Connection.
• Grow: Building your community of Changmakers.
• Practice: Flexing Your Citizen Muscle.
The Story of Stuff Lessons
The Story of Stuff team offer FREE and paid Learning Tools for classroom use designed for High School age students in English and in French, including lessons specifically designed for differed faith groups:
• Buy, Use, Toss? includes ten fully-planned High School lessons.
• A six-lesson curriculum for Jewish teenagers.
• A six-lesson curriculum for Christian teenagers.
• A six-session curriculum from a Baha‘i perspective.
• L’Histoire des Choses pour les étudiants.
The Story of Stuff Newsletter
Every month, the Story of Stuff team also send out The Good Stuff Newsletter: “bite-sized chunks of positivity and educational content that will leave you feeling GOOD!”
The Story of Stuff website explains:
We know all about the problems — from climate change to income inequality to political corruption. Our movies and other media focus instead on the big, exciting innovations driving the environmental and social change we need, as well as the little things individuals and communities can do to make a difference.
Subscribe for the latest updates, informative news, mind-blowing science and entertaining posts right in your inbox ✨